Equestrian Learning Center, LLC
The Equestrian Learning Center LLC opened its doors January 2016. We have made it our mission to create a safe place to learn about horses and riding.
Over the years our facility has added many new features and we continue to add and improve.
Our Facility Currently Includes
- Lighted arena with a sand surface;
- Lighted round pen with a sand surface;
- Lighted hitching posts;
- Tack rooms for lesson tack and a separate one for boarders;
- Wooded paddocks for the horses;
- Quarantine area for new arrivals and sick horses.
- Run-in shelters for the horses in every paddock.
Our plans for the future include
- Transforming a few wooded acres into a horse pasture;
- Finishing our newest pole barn, by installing a bathroom; a new tack room for boarders.
The horses are the stars of this operation, their physical & mental health is our priority!
We work with live animals, to safeguard their wellbeing we enforce the following policies:
- No riding lessons during the peak heat hours of the day (June – Sept).
- A 200lbs weight limit for riders.
In general, a horse can carry about 15-20% of its own ideal body weight. Other factors like breed, age, muscle tone/fitness and build play a role as well. A heavier load can have serious consequences for the horse:
- Increased wear & tear on muscles and joints;
- Increased chance of stumbling/falling (which would put the rider at risk);
- Severe muscle ache;
- Severely bruised or dislocated vertebrae.
The safety of our students; boarders; visitors and horses is very important to us. We strive to provide a safe environment by:
- Selecting horses with a suitable temperament.
- Requiring all minors to wear a FEI-ASTM certified helmet and strongly recommend that all adults do the same.
- Inspecting: saddles; bridles; fences; buildings as well as terrain for wear and tear on a regular basis.
- Correcting safety issues where possible.
However, this is a working horse farm and being around horses; farm equipment and outdoor elements as well as riding horses is never without risk.
Every person will be required to sign a release form upon entering the premises.